A business consultant, coach and keynote speaker with extensive leadership experience in Financial Services sales & marketing.
During a successful twenty seven year career with Zurich Financial Services, he built a strong track record of creating, moulding and motivating unbeatable teams.
An impressive sales background, creating awareness of both customer and distributor needs and wants. He progressed to major success in key product marketing roles.
Business achievements include:
- · Doubled the business of Zurich’s Mortgage Marketing Dept. within a 3-year period. In the following year, 2002, the business grew by a further 60%.
- · Created a customer-led Sales Promotion division that generated innovative product promotions and technical support to the market-leading, 4,000-strong Zurich sales force.
- · Uniquely, at different times held the position of Product Marketing Director for 3 of the 4 key retail financial services product areas i.e. Protection, Investment and Mortgages.
- · Led IFA sales teams across the UK to attain top-of-the-table position.
- Highly regarded keynote speaker within the financial services sector and beyond.
Memberships: Life Insurance Association, Professional Speakers’ Association.
Training: Multiple professional courses on management, products and marketing.
Date of Birth: 18.03.1952. Two children, 10 and 12.
Interests: Public speaking, community work and sport.
Hawkshead, Darlington Place, Bath. BA2 6BY
T: +44 (0) 1225 463548. M: 07766 113106 E: email@example.com
JIM CRONIN (2)
ZURICH FINANCIAL SERVICES 1976-2003
Formerly Allied Dunbar, Allied Hambro and Hambro Life.
Mortgage Marketing Director 1999-2003
In the three years from 1999 to 2001, the CEO challenged us to double the mortgage business. We successfully met that challenge. Last year, 2002, we delivered a further 60% increase, well ahead of the market. Overall, we introduced £12 billion to the market in 2002: £2 billion via IFAs and £10 billion via the Zurich sales force.
- Integrated the Mortgage Marketing functions of ZAN (Zurich Advice Network) and ZIFA (Zurich IFA) and developed a new offering to take to market. Both networks introduced record levels of business to lenders, with substantial cost savings from the integration.
- Embraced the new customer-centric product development process and successfully launched new solutions to the market. Negotiated numerous exclusive deals including bringing five new lenders to the panel. Launched new conveyancing service.
- Monitored regulatory and technological developments in the market. Enhanced corporate relationship with external partner Mortgage Brain. Close liaison with external affairs team to influence forthcoming mortgage regulation.
- Developed and maintained strong working relationships with 18 lender partners and other strategic alliances, and maximised these for the benefit of all stakeholders. Led continuous improvement to product and service offerings and remuneration levels via regular reviews.
- Provided ongoing sales promotion and support of the proposition to all distributors: presentations, sales ideas, internet support and helplines.
Sales Promotion Director 1995-1998
I was asked to take 50 colleagues from Marketing and establish a new division.
Our purpose was to enable our financial advisers and managers “to see more people and get more from the people they see”.
- Developed an offer to support our purpose combining three key elements: sales and marketing consultants, sales support advisers and local marketing services.
- Built an excellent reputation for delivery to the sales force and with a wider audience, for charitable giving.
Key Marketing Roles: Sales and Marketing Liaison Director,
Client Marketing and Market Intelligence Director 1992-1995
- Led the Client Marketing and Market Intelligence team.
- Whilst Market Intelligence flourished, Client Marketing was deemed an inappropriate investment at the time, so it was closed.
- Maintained the liaison between sales and marketing – a challenging role, particularly during the period embracing preparations for the implementation of commission disclosure.
JIM CRONIN (3)
Investment Marketing Director 1988-1992
Responsible for leading the function and covering investment product development, product promotion and technical support.
- Developed Investment Bonds, Peps, Business Expansion Scheme and Maximum Investment Plan.
- Built and developed effective relationships between fund managers and sales force to their mutual advantage. Developed a wide range of investment related sales and marketing material, including seminars and workshops.
- Carried out a strategic review of International Product marketing, and subsequently closed the function.
Protection Marketing Director 1986-1988
- Developed, launched and promoted the highly successful Income Protection Plan: Hambro’s first attempt at PHI cover.
Various roles in IFA division
Sales Consultant, Manager, Regional Manager, Area Director 1976-1986
- Developed Hambro’s business with IFAs in various capacities.
- Top manager award.
Formative roles pre-Hambro: 1969-1976
Scottish Widows Fund, Willis Corroon, Friends Provident and Perkins Slade and Associates